Our apprenticeship programmes offer an attractive route into a commercial, professional services environment for driven and ambitious candidates. Our ‘earn as you learn’ qualification pathway offers the opportunity to combine academic study with work-based learning; simultaneous exposure to university and commercial environments; and potential future qualification and career opportunities on successful completion of a level 3 apprenticeship.
Business Operations Apprenticeship
Apprenticeships are available in a number of our Business Operations teams. We already have apprentices in our Accounts and Payroll departments and are currently accepting applications for Apprentices to join the following departments and locations:
- Corporate Social Responsibility Business Assistant Apprentice, Leeds
- Accounts Apprentice, Birmingham
- Accounts Apprentice, London
As an apprentice in one of our Business Operations teams, you will spend 20% of your time in off-the-job learning, delivered via a blend of small group, face-to-face sessions and remote tutor support.
As an Accounts Apprentice you would support with the collation, administration and processing of accounts in the Accounts Payable, Travel & Expense and Revenue & Credit Control departments. This is a varied role and the type of tasks you could expect to be involved in include data entry, month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements. You might also find yourself involved in regulatory financial requirements such as the completion of VAT returns.
Our Accounts Apprentices will be working towards the Assistant Accountant apprenticeship which provides the foundation for progression into a number of career paths in the Accounting sector.
Corporate Social Responsibility Business Assistant Apprentice
The apprentice will provide support to the Responsible Business team and Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Consultant with:
- Managing the diary of the Head of Responsible Business, D&I Consultant and wider team as required including organising rooms, catering and sending invitations
- Managing travel, hotel bookings and expense claims for the Head of Responsible Business and D&I Consultant
- Supporting the Responsible Business team and D&I Consultant with preparation of award submissions for our responsible business programmes
- Responding to external requests for information about our commitment to responsible business
- Supporting our diversity employee network groups
- Embedding our Values (Approachable, Bold & Connected) across the firm
- Attendance at events and meetings in other offices and locations as required, including supporting the Responsible Business Executives with taking minute
If you join Pinsent Masons as a paralegal apprentice you’ll become an integral member of one of our fee-earning teams. You will spend 80% of your time working on client projects alongside experienced Lawyers and Trainee Solicitors who will provide regular mentoring and feedback. This will ensure you learn and develop vital skills such as attention to detail, team working and research. You’ll also attend the University of Law for the remaining 20% to help achieve the academic requirements of your apprenticeship qualification.
Your day-to-day experiences will depend on the practice area you join, but it’s fair to say that no two days will be the same. You’ll be learning continuously as you work towards identifiable achievements. Typically, this will include drafting and proof-reading documents and correspondence, undertaking research, liaising with clients by phone, email and at face-to-face meetings; and getting involved in community work. You’ll also learn how to network with different groups of people as you attend training, seminars and conferences. Fantastic progression opportunities could be available on successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Making an Application
Minimum Entry Requirements
The minimum academic requirements that all our apprentices are expected to meet or exceed are:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including Mathematics and English or equivalent
- 3 A-levels or equivalent at grade B
If you do not meet any of the above criteria but there are mitigating circumstances which explain why you have failed to meet the minimum academic requirements, please include this in your CV, covering letter or application form.
Application to Assessment
We are currently inviting applications for Apprentices to join the following departments and locations:
- Corporate Social Responsibility Business Assistant Apprentice, Leeds – Apply now!
- Accounts Apprentice, Birmingham – Apply now!
- Accounts Apprentice, London – Apply now!
You can find out more about the vacancies and submit an application using the above links.
You should look to demonstrate evidence of extracurricular activity, team working, strong oral and written communication skills, self-awareness and time management. Your application is your opportunity to take the first step in what could be a remarkable professional career. Please take your time, consider your answers and remember to double-check them for accuracy and spelling.
After the deadline, applications are reviewed and we shortlist those candidates who best demonstrate the core capabilities we are looking for in our apprentices. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a telephone interview. Candidates who are successful at the telephone interview stage will then be invited to attend an assessment centre which will comprise of a number of different elements:
- a group exercise
- a writing exercise and attention to detail exercise (Corporate Social Responsibility Business Assistant Apprentice applicants only)
- a financial aptitude test (Accounts Apprentice applicants only)
The final stage of the recruitment process will be a behavioural and commercial interview at Pinsent Masons’ offices.
Once the final interviews have taken place we will contact all applicants to advise of the outcome of their application for a place on the programme. The entire application process from deadline to notification of outcome should take no longer than two months.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email Karen Murray, Apprenticeship Officer, at Apprenticeships@pinsentmasons.com or call on 0141 567 8776.
Salary & Benefits
Our Apprentices will be paid £18,000 (pro-rata) in London and £15,500 per annum (pro-rata) elsewhere in England. The firm also offers the sort of comprehensive benefits package you would expect from a leading employer.
During the programme, you will receive:
- Technical training specific to your practice team
- Soft skills training, applicable to your apprenticeship and to future roles
- Employability skills training, both at the University of Law and Pinsent Masons
Find Out More