For us, doing business responsibly is how we do business; it is intrinsically linked to our values, strategy and overall purpose. This means creating an inclusive workplace where all of our people can be themselves and have the opportunity to reach their potential, managing our impact on the environment and maintaining our commitment to transparent, fair and ethical dealings with clients, suppliers and other external stakeholders.
Our community investment programme, Starfish, focuses on enriching the lives of young people who may live within minutes of our own offices, yet have little prospect of enjoying the life chances that we often take for granted.
Starfish in the Community
We form community partnerships to raise aspirations, dismantle barriers and create a level playing field for young people to fulfill their potential. Our work encompasses many different projects including:
- Forming long term partnerships with local schools to foster academic attainment and reduce the number of school leavers not in employment, education or training
- Working with charities to give young job seekers the guidance and confidence they need to gain a foothold in the workplace
- Sponsoring artistic projects that encourage young people to explore the wider possibilities of culture, education and work
- Forming a global partnership with the international charity and youth empowerment movement, Free the Children
- We are also committed to providing pro bono legal support, primarily through our work with Amicus, iProBono and ESpark
The Pinsent Masons Board is fully committed to empowering our people to engage in Responsible Business and make a difference. This is why every member of staff is encouraged to spend up to three days (or 25 hours) each year for volunteering in Starfish initiatives.
We form community partnerships to raise aspirations, dismantle barriers and create a level playing field for young people to fulfill their potential
Getting involved can range from mentoring young people as they prepare for the world of work, college or university to providing pro-bono legal advice to small start-up businesses. There’s no shortage of opportunities – it’s whatever works for you.
Ultimately by giving something back, we get a lot back ourselves. Not just from doing something worthwhile, but also from understanding how other people experience the world and all its challenges.
Managing our impact on the Environment
We work closely with our suppliers to manage the environmental impact of our operations. The firm has an Environmental Focus Group that is responsible for implementing and pushing forward with our environmental initiatives.
For more information on our environmental initiatives please visit our Environment page.